E*Trade hosts an Open Financial Exchange (OFX) server from which your 1099-B realized gain and loss information may be retrieved by our program.
To retrieve information from their server,
you will need the following information:
E*Trade Account User Id:
E*Trade Account Password:
CSV DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS
E*Trade provides a downloadable CSV file containing your realized gain and loss information.
- Log on to your ETrade Account.
- Go to the Account Menu.
- Select the Portfolios Tab
- On the Portfolios screen, select the Gains & Losses Tab
- Under "View", select Taxable.
- Under "Tax Year", select the applicable tax year.
- Click the "Download" link in the upper right.
- In the "Download" pop up window. Select "Expanded View". Click the Download Button
- A "TaxableGLDownload.csv" file will download to your system.
- Save the .csv file to your Downloads, Desktop or other folder.
Please email us at email@example.com with new information if any of the above is out-of-date or incomplete.