TD Ameritrade Clients
At Form8949.com, we help you minimize the time and expense of
complying with the tax reporting requirements related to your
stock trading activity.
If you use a Tax Pro, you can save your tax preparer time and save tax preparation fees.
If you use tax software, we can help you either
(1) import your data into H&R Block, TaxAct, or TurboTax or
(2) generate a PDF file for attachment
to your return.
All for as little as $12.00.
Open Financial Exchange (OFX) Server
hosts an OFX server
from which your 1099-B realized gain and loss information
may be retrieved by our program.
To retrieve information from their server,
you will need the following information:
Account Number (9 digits, e.g. 123456789)
Document ID (11 characters, e.g. A12B3456CD7)
Regarding the above, they indicate:
To import data from your Form 1099-B, OID, INT, MISC, or DIV, enter your 9-digit account number, and the 11-character Document ID from the top right corner of your Form 1099 (no spaces).
1099-B TXF DOWNLOAD
TD Ameritrade provides a downloadable tax exchange format file containing your realized gain and loss information.
Download this file and submit it for processing by our program.
- Select the "My Account" tab.
- Click on the "Tax Center" menu item.
- Scroll down to "Cost basis reporting provided by GAINSKEEPER"
- Select "20XX with wash sale adjustments (8949)"
- In the pop up window, adjacent to "Export:" select TXF and save the file to your computer
1099-B Portable Document Format (PDF)
You may download your TD Ameritrade
file and submit it for processing.
If you have additional or newer information regarding
TD Ameritrade downloadable files,
please email us at