TD Ameritrade Clients
At Form8949.com, we help you minimize the time and expense of complying with the tax reporting requirements related to your stock trading activity.
If you use a Tax Pro, you can save your tax preparer time and save tax preparation fees. If you use tax software, we can help you either (1) import your data into H&R Block, TaxAct, or TurboTax or (2) generate a PDF file for attachment to your return.
All for as little as $12.00.
Open Financial Exchange (OFX) Server
TD Ameritrade hosts an OFX server from which your 1099-B realized gain and loss information may be retrieved by our program.
To retrieve information from their server, you will need the following information:
- Account Number (9 digits, e.g. 123456789)
- Document ID (11 characters, e.g. A12B3456CD7)
Regarding the above, they indicate:
To import data from your Form 1099-B, OID, INT, MISC, or DIV, enter your 9-digit account number, and the 11-character Document ID from the top right corner of your Form 1099 (no spaces).
1099-B TXF DOWNLOAD
TD Ameritrade provides a downloadable tax exchange format file containing your realized gain and loss information.
ACTIVE TRADERS: If you have more transactions than can be returned by the TD Ameritrade OFX server, use this processing option.
- Select the "My Account" tab.
- Click on the "Tax Center" menu item.
- Scroll down to the "Cost basis reporting provided by GAINSKEEPER" section
- Select "20XX with wash sale adjustments (8949)"
- In the pop up window, adjacent to "Export:" select TXF and save the file to your computer
If you have additional or newer information regarding TD Ameritrade downloadable files, please email us at email@example.com .