You can directly import data from FORM8949.COM into TaxAct.
1. Select Investment Income, Gain or loss on the sale of investments, "Stock data import".
2. Click the "Electronic Import" button.
3. Select Form8949.com from the "Brokerage or software vendor"
4. Enter your assigned file number and passcode in the spaces provided.
5. Click the "Import" button.
If you have more than 2,000 broker transactions, you can use FORM8949.COM to generate a PDF file for attachment to your TaxAct-generated tax return and enter summary totals into the TaxAct program.
1. Select Investment Income, Gain or loss on the sale of investments, "Enter totals from a statement of transactions you will attach to your return".
2. Click the Add button.
3. Using the customized instruction sheet we provide to you, enter the reporting category summary totals shown on the instruction sheet.